Track your pledges using Page 170 in your planner
Pledges are a key part of the Outwood philosophy. The aim of the Pledges is to enhance student life experiences at and beyond the Academy.
The Pledges initiative ensures that students understand the value of extra- curricular involvement within and outside of the academies. Through meeting the ten Pledges, that range from attending enrichment activities to organising fundraising events, students gain confidence, develop existing knowledge, learn new skills and valuable life experiences that will help to prepare them for life beyond school. Pledges encourage our students to get involved, make new friends and take pride in themselves and all they do.
- PLEDGE 1 – Regular attendance at an after Academy activity or club
- PLEDGE 2 – Represent the Academy in either a sporting, cultural or academic event
- PLEDGE 3 – Take part in an Outward Bound residential programme
- PLEDGE 4 – Attend a national sporting, academic or cultural event or performance at a major venue
- PLEDGE 5 – Take part in an Academy production or event either on stage, behind the scenes, or in an administrative capacity
- PLEDGE 6 – Take part in a formal presentation to an audience using ICT/multi-media
- PLEDGE 7 – Be actively involved in an international experience either within the Academy, UK or abroad
- PLEDGE 8 – Be actively involved in some form of community experience, within or beyond the Academy
- PLEDGE 9 – Help plan, organise or participate in a major fundraising event within the Academy or the community
- PLEDGE 10 – Contribute to the development of the concept of sustainability whilst at the Academy